- Yes. These programs are official, non-credit courses from Parsons Paris designed specifically for high school students. The course curriculum and content are created by Parsons Paris faculty with industry expert guest stars.
- Parsons Paris brings together the globally renowned pedagogy of Parsons School of Design and the unique resources of Paris, with its heritage brands, forward-looking entrepreneurial culture, and access to Europe and beyond. Both Parsons Paris and Parsons School of Design are part of The New School.
- These courses are designed especially for high school or U.S.-high-school equivalent students, including those who are taking a “gap year” between high school and college. Students should be between 13 and 19 years old, not yet enrolled in college, and no more than 1 year post-high school graduation (“gap year”).
- This course is not intended for college students or adults. We are unable to accept students under 13 years of age.
- Yes, these courses are designed to be 100% flexible between your start and end dates. The lesson content is asynchronous, meaning you study whenever you’d like, and the live mentor office hours are offered frequently throughout the program. Office hours are optional; while we recommend students participate in live meetings with course mentors, attendance is not a requirement for completion.
- Since no live meetings or specific study times are required, you can plan your course time around your other commitments as long as you have ~30 total hours to devote to the course.
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the red button at the bottom of this page to submit your question or request. If there is a space available in other cohorts, we will work with you to find one that best fits your schedule.
- We accommodate schedule changes whenever possible and are usually able to do so. However, note that it is best to contact us as soon as you know you need to make a change, as we cannot guarantee to accept program session changes within two weeks of your start date.
Yes, the lesson content is asynchronous, so you can participate from any time zone. Mentor office hours are offered most frequently in U.S. time zones (U.S. PT/MT/CT/ET), but we have students from all over the world studying with us. International students whose time zones do not work with the scheduled office hours can work with their mentors to schedule times to connect.
Course tuition is $1195. There are no additional fees.
We offer need-based scholarships to students exhibiting great potential who are unable to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Are unsure whether you applied for a scholarship, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Click here to apply; you’ll be guided through the application. It’s only a few pages, and it takes just two minutes to get started. You won’t be required to provide transcripts or letters of recommendation. Instead, we will ask you for some basic information and to submit one brief personal statement. The entire application should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- As we mentioned, we are looking for basic information and why you’re interested. You can complete your statement with a short essay, video, and/or other media files that tell your story.
- You must report your GPA (academic average), however, there is no minimum GPA requirement to be considered. The most important part of your application is your personal statement.
- While we welcome students whose native languages are not English, note that the course is taught in English, and application submissions must also be provided in English. Applications submitted in languages other than English will not be accepted.
- Students must be at least 13 years old; no more than 19 years old; and no more than one year removed from high school graduation.
- You can apply to any program listed in the application with one application. Applying to multiple programs does not affect your chances of admission to any one program.
- If you are interested in more than one program, we strongly encourage you to choose different dates for each so that you have time to get the most out of each program.
You’ll usually be notified via email within 3 business days. At peak times or if we have questions about the information you’ve provided, it may take a few additional days to review your application and send you a decision.
The course is taught online for maximum flexibility. You will view engaging and interactive pre-recorded videos and complete assignments and activities on your own schedule. You’ll also receive guidance from a Parsons mentor through online group sessions and via email.
- In total, the course will take ~30 hours to complete from start to finish. You can choose between a 2-week option (~15 hours per week of work commitment) and a 4-week option (~7.5 hours per week of work commitment).
- Our course durations vary depending upon when you take the course. Currently, we offer 2-week sessions over the (northern hemisphere) Summer or 4-week sessions during (northern hemisphere) Fall and Spring to allow a slower pace during the school year. Regardless of your selection, both options contain the same program content, sessions, and support.
- You have the flexibility to complete the course work on your own schedule, while keeping in mind that all work must be completed before the end of the 2-week or 4-week course you’re enrolled in.
- Note that you will continue to have view-only access to the course for 6 months from your course start date.
Once you’ve applied for and paid for the program, you’ll receive an online course invitation at least 2 days prior to your course start date. Students who enroll at or near the deadline may receive credentials slightly later.
No, these courses are for enrichment and do not provide college credit. However, attending the course and performing well may strengthen your application to any college or university or resume in your early career.
Although participation in a Parsons Paris or Parsons School of Design course will not afford any preferential treatment in the Parsons admissions process, it will add another higher education experience to students’ college application.
Assignments & Grading
Each unit assignment, as well as the Final Project, will be assessed on a rubric of:
- Complete - Work that satisfies the requirements of the assignment
- Incomplete - Work was not submitted or did not address the assignment requirements
- You can view a sample of our Business of Fashion & Luxury syllabus here.
- You can view a sample of our Fashion Design course syllabus here.
- You can view a sample of our Sustainability course syllabus here.
- Your final assignment is a project where you will demonstrate what you’ve learned. You’ll choose one of three exciting topics and let your creativity shine. You can complete the project in your choice of media, such as text, photography, video, collages, drawings or a mix. Best of all, you’ll be able to use this project in the future, whether applying to college or for an internship.
You will have until the end of the course to complete your assignments and final project.
About the Instructors & Mentors
Parsons’ mentors are high performing Parsons students and alumnae that will work with you throughout the course. Your mentor will provide encouragement and direction on assignments, inspiration, and the confidence to be successful. In short, you won’t need to go it alone.
Course mentors will support you by answering your course-related questions, providing guidance, encouragement, and recommendations throughout the course, and by giving feedback on your assignments and the final project. Mentors use online video conferencing and digital messaging tools to provide support.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect with your mentor virtually during your program in two different ways: via designated office hours and via email.
- Once logged into your online course, you can view your mentor’s office hours (and the office hours for all other mentors) in the Canvas Calendar. You’ll be able to meet with them and other students to ask any questions you have regarding the course.
- You’re welcome to meet with your mentor or any of our available mentors via office hours, so you’ll have a number of time slots to choose from depending upon your availability. Note that office hour sessions are completely optional.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to email your mentor directly using the Canvas Inbox whenever you have any questions or need support regarding your course content.
Refund Policy Information
- We know that plans and circumstances often change, so tuition payments are 100% refundable when requested fifteen (15) or more days prior to your scheduled program start date.
- All payments become non-refundable fourteen (14) days prior to your scheduled program start date.
- A strong internet connection (WiFi or wired) is required as the course is online. Our digital course platform, Canvas, is compatible with most browsers and devices.
- We recommend using a desktop/laptop for the course, but it is mobile accessible. You can download the Canvas Student app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Download the Canvas Student app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Once downloaded, input Parsons Paris Pre-College Programs under “What’s your school’s name?”
- Then, log in to Canvas with your credentials.
Enrolled students will receive course access via email at least 2 days prior to your course start date. Students who enroll at or near the deadline may receive credentials slightly later.
You must complete all of the assignments for your course by the end of your course session. You’ll have view-only access to the online course for 6 months after your end-date.
For Guidance Counselors
Possibly. If you would like to collaborate with us to create a scholarship specifically for students that attend your school, please reach out to email@example.com.
Still Need Support?
Click on the red button on the bottom right corner of this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as possible.