Online Courses for High School Students
Explore the world of fashion before college
Want to delve into the world of fashion before you decide what you’ll study in college? Parsons Paris has created online courses for students 13 and up to introduce you to this vibrant field. Taught by experts in Paris fashion through video lectures, courses cover everything from business, history, and trends to actual design methods and potential careers. Courses are two to four weeks long and available year-round. The asynchronous, online format allows you to study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. You will also receive valuable guidance through live sessions with Parsons' mentors.
Multiple 2- and 4-week sessions
For students completing grades 9—12, ages 13+
Current Courses Available
Inside the Business of Fashion and Luxury
Everyone knows the glamour of the fashion runway — but what makes it all work? This course takes you behind the scenes. Learn the business side of the industry. Discover the many careers available in fashion aside from design. Understand how brands and trends are created, how sustainable materials spur creativity — and the role of social media influencers. You will even virtually visit a Louis Vuitton workshop. See whether there’s a future for you in fashion.
Inside Fashion Design: Becoming a Designer for the 21st Century
Want to know how top designers come up with ideas? This course takes you through the process they follow. You’ll use the same process to develop a concept and illustrate your own ideas for a fashion line. Learn methods for pattern cutting, draping and assembly. Bring your ideas to life through storytelling, mood boards and video.
Sustainability: The Future of Fashion
Can fashion and the environment exist in harmony? Discover how the fashion industry is using its creativity to embrace environmentally-responsible practices. Learn about eco-friendly approaches to design, fabrics that come from nature, and the power of green branding. You will even develop your own vision for a sustainable and fashion forward future.
Build Your Own Fashion Brand
Have you dreamed about creating your own fashion line? This course will lead you through the steps required to make your dream a reality. You’ll start by defining your vision. Then you’ll learn how to write a business plan and build awareness through social media, and you’ll find out what it takes to get your line produced. You’ll even devise an elevator pitch to communicate in seconds what makes your brand different.
How You Will Benefit
- Online courses are available throughout the year — pick the one that fits your passion and your schedule
- Courses are suitable for high school students ages 13 and up — so you can start exploring your passion for fashion early
- Hear from renowned experts in Paris Fashion and get feedback and guidance from your mentors throughout your learning experience
- Lectures by your instructors are delivered as videos, so you can tune in whenever your schedule allows — providing you with the ultimate in flexibility.
- Develop your creativity by working on an individual project — and earn a Certificate of Completion from Parsons Paris
3 Learning Advantages of the Program
All online courses culminate in an individual project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you’ve learned in a presentation
- Get feedback from mentors on your work
- Create a project that illustrates your unique talents and style
- Use any media you prefer — text, video, photography, PowerPoint or collage
You’ll receive guidance from a Parsons mentor who will support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments
- Inspiration and motivation to help you succeed
- Brainstorming and ideation help as you prepare for your final individual project
- 100% online; works with your schedule
- 20 to 30 hours of total asynchronous instruction and course-work, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support
- Regular online live group sessions with your Parsons mentor
- The opportunity to meet fellow students from around the world
How to Apply
It's easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application asks you to provide the following:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- An explanation of why you wish to take this course.
- You can tell your story through writing, video, photos — any media you prefer. All communication must be in English.
Begin the guided process. It should only take a few minutes of your time to answer the questions.
We offer need-based scholarships to students exhibiting great potential who are unable to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Are unsure whether you applied for a scholarship, contact us at email@example.com for assistance.