How to bring your vision to life
Build Your Own Fashion Brand
How do you turn your love of fashion into a business? Learn the steps. In this course, you’ll develop a vision, devise a business plan, build awareness of your brand’s identity, delve into the financial side, and gain an understanding of production and delivery. Discover how to create an elevator pitch that makes a convincing case for your brand in seconds. If you wish to nurture both your artistic and your entrepreneurial sides, this course is for you.
Multiple 2- and 4-week sessions
For students ages 13 and up
Master the fundamentals of bringing your fashion vision to life
Defining a vision for your brand
What makes your concept unique? Who is your audience? What designers inspire you? Develop your vision while taking into account sustainability and social responsibility.
Creating a business plan
Learn about the five essential parts of a business plan. Create a compelling elevator pitch. Find out how to develop goals that align with your brand vision. Construct an action plan to bring your business to life.
Building awareness of your brand
Learn the four P’s of marketing: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. Explore social media campaigns of successful brands and create your own.
Aligning your brand with the fashion cycle
Should you launch in the spring/summer or fall/winter? How should you present your collection to buyers? Learn the steps that go into designing your collection.
Producing and delivering your collection
Who is making your product? Are you selling directly to consumers or through partners? Learn about the order-taking process and inventory management. Discover the role sustainability plays in fashion today.
Getting started on a career in the fashion business
This course will help you build your own fashion brand and introduce you to careers in the field such as fashion design, branding, advertising, public relations, finance, and sustainable sourcing management.
How You Will Benefit
- Know what it takes to create, launch, and market a successful brand
- Learn how to build a mood board that defines your brand vision
- Develop the ability to pinpoint your target customers — those best suited to your brand
- Gain insight into social and environmental issues and how fashion is evolving to work in alignment with these concerns
- Understand the four P’s of marketing: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
- Delve into the seasonality of fashion and decide how to present your collection: through the runway, presentations to buyers, and social media
- Learn about the various ways to get financing for your brand
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from Parsons Paris
Apply now for the next available course
All course options, whether 2 or 4 weeks, contain the identical educational content, learning materials, number of assignments and access to mentoring. The difference in length of course is due to time of year (not amount of instruction). We know the school year keeps you busy, so we've made the course longer during that time so you can get assignments done.
Course designed by Parsons Paris faculty
A designer with his own brand and ecommerce business, Eros is the founder of two boutiques in Paris. He is internationally known as a specialist in the elements of style.
Nicole Kamen Weiss
Nicole serves as VP, Global Head of Client Relations and Client Experience at Tiffany & Co. She has developed and managed a number of top luxury brands. She works with creative and design directors to create compelling runway events for high fashion collections. She also oversees high-end jewelry and watch sales.
Your Final Project
The course culminates with a final project that allows you to:
Demonstrate what you’ve learned by creating a video of yourself presenting your business plan, as you would to a potential investor:
- Include the five essential components of a fashion business brand: executive summary, vision and objectives, market and competitive landscape, implementation plan, and financials
- Drawing on your elevator pitch, stress the one thing you want the viewer to remember about your brand
- Practice in front of family and friends to gain confidence
Receive feedback on your work from mentors.
You’ll receive guidance from a Parsons Paris mentor who will support you and answer questions throughout your learning experience. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments
- Inspiration and motivation to help you succeed
- Brainstorming to help you prepare for your final project
Meet The Mentors
BFA, Fashion Design, Parsons School of Design. Currently an interdisciplinary designer based in New York.
BFA, Fashion Design, Parsons School of Design. Currently rendering their own systematic design language.
BFA, Fashion Design, Parsons School of Design. New York based fashion designer.
BFA, Fashion Design, Parsons School of Design with a minor in business. Freelance social media director for a sustainable swimwear brand.
MA, Fashion Studies, Parsons School of Design (in progress). Worked in Fashion and Retail in New York City.
- 100 percent online learning that works with your schedule
- 20 to 25 hours of total instruction and coursework, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and assignments on which you will receive guidance and support through video lectures, allowing you to tune in anytime that works for you
- Regular online live group sessions with a Parsons Paris mentor
- The opportunity to meet fellow students from around the world
How to Apply
It's easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application asks you to provide the following:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- An explanation of why you wish to take this course.
- You can tell your story through writing, video, photos — any media you prefer. All communication must be in English.
Begin the guided process. It should only take a few minutes of your time to answer the questions.
We offer need-based scholarships to students exhibiting great potential who are unable to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Are unsure whether you applied for a scholarship, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.